The trophy was originally presented to the Kirriemuir Rifle Club in 1910 by Provost Ogilvy as the Lisden Challenge Cup. It was re-presented as the Dow Trophy in 1936 and was acquired by Forfar Rifle Club when the Kirriemuir club closed.

The trophy is now used for the winner of the summer outdoor leagues.

Dow trophy

 

The engraving on the trophy reads :

Lisden Challenge Cup

Kirriemuir Rifle Club
Presented by
Provost Ogilvy
1910

and on the rear :

Represented by
Miss Dow
1936
as the
Dow Trophy

 

1910 J S Dow 782/800
1911 J S Dow 785/800
1912 P Linsday 747/800
1913 J S Dow 789/800
1914 J S Dow 789/800
36 A A Brown 495/500
37 D McGregor 1683/1700
38 A A Brown 1368/1400
39 A A Brown 1186/1200
40 R C Henderson 790/800
41 D N Stevenson 486/500
44 G S Bruce 966/1000
45 D N Stevenson
46 D N Stevenson 972/1000
47 T Reid 981/1000
48 J Ramsay 946/1000
49 G Bruce 982/1000
50 G Bruce 989/1000
51 G Bruce 989/1000
52 G Bruce 898/1000
53 J J McKenzie
54 J J McKenzie
55 G Bruce
56 J Ramsay
57 J Ramsay
58 J Ramsay
01 C Danskin
02 C Danskin
03 C Danskin